WHY I STARTED A YOUTUBE CHANNEL

3 years ago I uploaded my first Youtube Video.

*cringing inside* (This is before Invisalign lol)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piPZC4f1-pM


I wanted to create a channel because at the time I was working a really depressing job where I felt so bad about myself and life.  My boyfriend was going to school Monday-Friday and wouldn't get home until late so I didn't really have anyone to talk to.

BY THE WAY...

He is the one who actually inspired me and motivated me to create a channel.

A little bit about me, I hate saying this cause it sounds so depressing lol but I don't have a lot of friends, none actually except my BF and my family.  I never really found anyone who I could relate to and who I could really call a friend.  Of course in High School I had some but they were very disposable if I must say.  Im also a big homebody/introvert so I find comfort in being home.

So creating this channel helped me to kinda reach out to others who have the same interests in me.  I didn't create it for "fame" or anything and to be honest at that time "Youtube Fame" wasn't even relevant at least from what I knew about it.

So I started making videos, beauty videos, makeup tutorials etc.  I propped my iPhone on a bunch of perfume bottle boxes and anything that was stable and I filmed.  When my Boyfriend would come home he would edit it for me.  I found my love for filming, editing, and the Youtube World (cause lets be real, it really is a whole other world).  I fell in love with creating and uploading and inspiring and motivating others even if I didn't know who my audience was.  I just wanted to make girls and boys, women and men out there feel beautiful and feel like they have a meaning in this world.

There's a time where I stopped uploading.  I got kind of insecure and scared.  I think thats when I started really getting some form of anxiety.  I wasn't sure of myself, my image and my skill.  I didn't feel "good enough" to be doing this and I was really worried people would make fun of me for this or doubt me because this was what I want to do as my full time career and ps, I will make it my full time career.

I realized at one point that I don't care what they think, I realized my self worth and my purpose.  I really wasn't until this year that I literally STOPPED caring.  I started to upload more frequently and took it very seriously.



People do still doubt me and think this is a joke but I know deep down this is exactly what Im supposed to be doing.  It's not for everyone, it really isn't, but I think you have to really have a calling for it in your soul and thats how I feel towards it.

Now my boyfriend and I work together which is a DREAM.  We have invested into a lot in equipment and cameras and lighting and we are ready to take off on this dream.  I cannot wait to see what the future holds.

We still work at other jobs so we make sure to dedicate our passion on our "free days" and basically any free time we have everyday.

I wouldn't trade it for the world what we are doing and I can't wait to be full time in this career and journey.  We always talk about how we can't wait to wake up one day and not have to get up and go to work and instead get up and start filming and creating *sighs*

One day very soon we will be there...just wait.

So here's to this journey and to finally really talking about why I started a YouTube Channel.

I hope you guys will find sometime to check out my channel and let me know if there is anything you would like to see or anything I need to improve on! *ANY CRITICISM IS WELCOME SERIOUSLY*



Thanks for your support and taking the time to read this.




Comments

Popular Posts